You do not have to provide the personal data that we request, however, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with the services that you have requested.
Information TEG collects:
Personal data that we collect from you may include:
- Name, email address, postal address, phone number and social media details;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Information that you send to us;
- Preferences, such as details of newsletters you sign up to receive.
Information collected from your Company
We may collect your data from your employer, including:
- Contact details, such as your name and work email address, phone number;
- Other account registration information, such as job title.
Data collected from third parties
We also may obtain details about you from third parties, including:
Service providers – in order determine your location;
Partners with which we do joint marketing;
Publicly-available data bases
TEG collects information about you either directly from you, or from third-parties, and in some cases, through automated technologies.
How TEG uses your information:
We use your personal information to provide you access to our service, to improve our service, to notify you about updates to deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages.
We may also use your personal information to respond to your inquiries, or to provide you with relevant promotional messages and other information about, events and services of ours, and/or to comply with our legal obligations.
Sharing your personal data: we may share your data with third parties which may use your personal data to perform functions and/or provide services on our behalf (such as website hosting, payment services, logistics, customer services, IT, marketing, and security).
- Where lawful to do so, third parties who will use your personal information for their own purposes and/or in partnership with TEG (such as partners, advertisers, and social networking sites where the TEG maintains an official presence). Please note that these third parties may have their own policies that govern their websites and how they collect and use personal information.
- Government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law, and for tax or other lawful purposes
- External parties in response to legal process, and when required to comply with laws, to respond to an emergency, or to enforce our agreements, policies, rules and terms, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our staff, agents, customers and other users of our services
- Parties to whom you authorise us to release your personal information.
Your preferences: You can customize and manage your communications preferences when you register with us, by using the “opt-in/out” or subscribe/unsubscribe mechanisms or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to our service whenever necessary.
International data transfers
Access To Personal Information
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Locations of data processing
Your personal information may be stored and processed in your region or in Hungary.
Basis of processing your information:
When we collect from you any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so:
- Where you have consented to the use (you will have been presented with a consent form in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us). GDPR Article 6.1(a)
- Where necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you. GDPR Article 6.1(b)
- Where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations. GDPR Article 6.1(c)
- Where we use it to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights (our legitimate interests include promoting TEG Events and tailoring news and offers to your profile and business). GDPR Article 6.1(f)
- Where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party. GDPR Article 6.1(e)
There may be uses that are permitted on the basis of other grounds; where this is the case we will use reasonable endeavours to identify the ground and communicate it you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the new basis.
You have the following rights with regards to your personal information.
- Access. You have the right to access information about the personal data we hold about you.
- Rectification or erasure. You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal information that we hold about you. If you request that we erase any personal information that we require in order to provide our service to you, you may no longer be able to use our service. This right does not extend to non-personal information.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain copies of your personal data to enable you to reuse your personal data across different services and with different companies. You may also request that your personal data is transmitted directly to another organisation where this is technically feasible using our data processing systems.
- Change of preferences. You can change your data processing preferences at any time.
For example, if you have given your consent to direct marketing, but have changed your mind, you have the ability to opt out of receiving marketing communications by emailing us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or clicking the relevant link in any communication you receive.
- Objections and Complaints. In certain circumstances you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal information and how we resolved your complaint, you also have the right to make a complaint to the the Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, TEG does not allow use of its service and Website by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will takes steps to delete such information.
Last updated: May, 2018